Currently the app is available only on the Android platform. It allows users to not only have their Aadhaar card profile on their mobile as a quick and convenient identification proof, its also lets users lock/ unlock their biometric data linked to Aadhaar via the app to secure their personal data. Other features include viewing and sharing updated Aadhaar profile via QR code, the two dimensional barcode, and sharing eKYC (electronic Know Your Customer) details with service providers such as telecommunications companies.
Click here to download mAadhaar from Android Play store
mAadhaar is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information viz. Name, Date of Birth, Gender & Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones.
mAadhaar Key Features:
- Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
- Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
- TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.