2. Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary essential oil is a common Ayurvedic remedy that is applied to the scalp for hair loss, according to Melanie A. Sachs, author of "Ayurvedic Beauty Care." To use rosemary essential oil, mix three teaspoons with six teaspoons of a carrier oil such as olive oil, vitamin E oil or avocado oil. Apply the mixture to the scalp and cover your hair with a towel. Leave the mixture on for 20 to 25 minutes before washing your hair with a gentle shampoo.
3. Black Pepper and Lime Juice: Black pepper and lime juice is a common remedy to help hair grow, and lime juice is regularly used in Ayurvedic medicine. To apply black pepper and lime juice to the hair, blend two tablespoons whole black peppercorns with one-quarter cup of freshly squeezed or natural lime juice in a blender or food processor until the ingredients form a smooth, thin paste. Apply the paste to the scalp and wrap a towel around your head for 45 minutes before rinsing the hair with cool water and shampooing with gentle shampoo.
4. Honey: Make a paste by mixing olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Apply and massage on the scalp and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash off and repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon honey with one small glass of brandy or vodka and onion juice; rub mixture into the scalp every night, cover with a cap and shampoo in the morning.
- Combine 1/4 cup of onion juice with one tablespoon of raw honey, and then massage the scalp with the mixture every night.
- Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then wash. This is a common natural cure for dull and dry hair.
5. Wheatgrass juice: One of the most effective remedies against hair fall, it is known to decrease the shedding tendency of hair within a few weeks of regular intake. Aloe vera juice has a similar effect. However, aloe gel can be applied to the scalp too. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wash the hair with lukewarm water. This can be done twice, every week.