Sony Xperia Tipo and Tipo Dual are part of the company's efforts to lure the low-to-mid range phone buyers with feature-rich devices that don't burn a hole in pockets. The Japanese manufacturer has skinned the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with its Timescape UI in both the devices.
The Xperia Tipo features a 3.2-inch TFT touchscreen and runs on an 800MHz processor, coupled with 512MB RAM. It has a 3.2MP rear camera and supports Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, Bluetooth 2.1 and FM Radio. The device runs on a 1,500mAh battery and comes with pre-loaded apps like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
Specifications of the Sony Xperia Tipo Dual are the same, except for support for two GSM sim cards.
Key specs of Sony Xperia Tipo are listed below:
- Display: 3.2-inch TFT touchscreen
- Operating system: Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Storage: 2.5GB internal storage, support for up to 32GB microSD card
- Camera: 3.2MP
- Processor: 800MHz Scorpion
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, 3G, 2G, Bluetooth 2.1