The XOLO X900, manufactured by Lava International, runs on a single-core Atom Z2460 (Medfield) processor clocked at 1.6Ghz. Now before you get carried away with only one core in a world of dual and quad-core devices, remember Intel has been refining their processor architecture for about 40 years. This processor also supports hyper-threading. With Hyper-Threading, a CPU can execute two (rather than one) concurrent threads of instructions sent by the operating system. Having two streams of execution units to work on allows more work to be done by the CPU during each clock cycle. Simply put, hyper-threading makes multi-tasking better. It makes a single CPU act like multiple CPUs.
Besides a unique CPU, the X900 is packed with your average smartphone specs. It sports an 8MP camera rear camera and a 1.3MP front shooter. The phone is a bit smaller than some of today’s latest flagships with a 4.03 inch display 123mm x 63mm x 10.99mm in size. The screen has a resolution of 1024 x 600 and protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass. The rest of the features seem pretty standard, including a micro HDMI slot and NFC capabilities.
Intel plans to stay competitive in an already saturated ARM CPU market with a number of key features: energy efficiency, camera capabilities, video playback and encoding, and browser speed and performance. The Medfield chip design features advanced image processing technology and Intel has optimized Android to work with their chips, making browsing a lot faster.
Intel also announced several other devices to be rolling out during the coming year. Intel has partnerships with Orange, Motorola, ZTE, and Lenovo. No specs have been released on these upcoming devices at this time. We can expect similar Medfield chip design, 400MHz graphics, and 1080p video playing and recording.
Xolo X900 is priced at Rs 22,000. Lava has also partnered with Croma as preferred retail partner for promotion and sale of the product.
Following are the features of the smartphone:
- Processor: The phone is powered by a 1.6GHz Atom processor with Hyper Threading technology that.
- Display: The phone features a 4.03-inch high resolution LCD display with 1024 x 600 resolution (295 PPI)
- Camera: It has an 8 megapixel camera with flash that can click up to 10 pictures in less than a second and a 1.3 megapixel front camera. It also has 10fps burst mode and 1080p video recording.
- OS: The Xolo X900 runs Android 2.3, which is upgradable to Android 4.0 operating system.
- Storage: 16GB internal storage space
- Other features: HSPA+ connectivity up to 21Mbps, HDMI out and NFC built-in.