- Green Tea: A study has found that people who drank four cups of green tea for eight weeks lowered their BMI levels and lost weight around their waistlines.
- Apples: Apples are rich in dietary fibre that not only contributes to a healthy digestive system and reduces cholesterol, but also keeps you feeling fuller for a longer period of time, keeping hunger at bay.
- Almonds: Almonds make a tasty midday snack and a study has shown that women who ate almonds or other nuts at least twice a week were more successful at keeping weight off than those who didn't.
One ounce of almonds provides about 170 calories, six grams of protein and three grams of fibre and keeps you fuller longer.
- Salmon: Fatty fish and seafood are healthy -- the fat in fatty fish like salmon or tuna can boost satiety levels. Three ounces of cooked salmon will provide just 175 calories, excellent protein and healthy omega 3 fats.
- Eggs: Eggs contain good quality protein and protein has impressive satiating powers.Research has shown that eating eggs at breakfast can help you fight weight gain, as protein foods in the morning keep you feeling fuller all day long.
- Tomatoes: Veggies are nutrient-dense foods and cost-effective when it comes to calories. Non-starchy varieties like carrots, celery and spinach are filled with fibre that helps keep you satiated.
Tomatoes help you stay slim too -- one cup of cooked red tomatoes contains only about 45 calories, and is packed with the antioxidant lycopene and Vitamin C.
- Water: Stay well hydrated. Many people mistake thirst for hunger, so reach for a glass of water first if you are feeling hungry. Try soups and smoothies too, as most fruits and vegetables are 80 to 90 per cent water and liquid meals usually cost you less calories.
Home » Health and Fitness » Health Drinks » Health Tips » HealthTEAs » Seaven foods that keep you SLIM
Jun 17, 2012