1. Water: For me, Nothing beats water therapy. Drink 2 glasses of lukewarm water first thing in the morning, regularly. This helps flush out the excess acid formation and improves digestive system.
Take a cup of water and add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it. Drink this twice a day before meals to get relief from the symptoms of hyperacidity.
Mix lemon to your pitcher of water to balance your PH levels. You’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity.
Note: Make sure that your water is alkaline.
2. Basil: One of the most popular home remedies for acidity is chewing basil leaves. It is widely used in India to combat acidity. Consume 4-5 leaves before meals.
3. Coconut Water: Another natural remedy to lower acidity is drinking coconut water 3-4 times a day.
4. Garlic: Take up to 6 cloves of raw garlic for acidity. If you can’t stand the taste, you can put it through a garlic press for up to 10 minutes.
Note: You must only use fresh garlic only.
5. Milk: Drinking 1 glass of chilled milk (preferably skimmed) is an easy and commonly used home remedy to control acidity. You can also eat bananas while you are drinking to soothe your stomach further.
6. Jaggery (gur): Keep a small piece of jaggery (10 gms) in the mouth and keep sucking it after every meal.
7. Fruits & Vegetables: Eat fruits and vegetables. Eat 2 slices of Cucumber every 2 hours, 3-4 chunks of Watermelon and 2 Bananas. Consume 5 servings of green leafy vegetables and sprouts such as Cabbage, spinach, collard greens, carrots, broccoli, Asparagus, Brussel sprouts, lettuce, parsley, celery. They are rich sources of vitamin B and E. These green vegetables helps in eliminating acids from your body in a big way reducing the chances of acidity.
Note: Some people who suffer from frequent bloating or gas may have to avoid particular foods including healthy vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.Bloating may promote acid reflux.
8. Ginger: Ginger is an excellent herb for all sorts of digestive problems including excess acid secretion. Ginger tea made by mixing some quantity of ginger in boiling water, using ginger in salad or as a spice in the food can very effectively alleviate the problem of hyperacidity.
Tip: You can have a combination of ginger juice and honey after meals.
9. Pineapple Juice: Drink a half glass of Fresh Pineapple juice after having meals. It’s full of digestive enzymes and it will relieve the pain in a few minutes.
10. Cumin Seeds: Boil 2 liters of water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds. Drink the solution after the liquid cools down.
11. Baking Soda: Lastly, Baking Soda. Take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and mix with 2 ounce of water and drink it.