Those of you that are interested in checking out the SkyDrive app can download it here. Microsoft's SkyDrive for Android is similar to the apps for Windows Phone and iOS. Those interested can download the Windows Phone version of the app here and the iOS version of the app here.
Microsoft says SkyDrive app for Android is designed to work best with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS - though it's also fully functional on Android 2.3 and above. So, if you have a device that is stuck with Android 2.2 Froyo, it's time to upgrade.
Some of the main features of SkyDrive for Android are as follows:
- Access your SkyDrive - documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos - send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files - delete or create new folders.