Moringa oleifera has a wealth of naturally occuring nutrients along with vitamins‚ minerals‚ protein‚ also contains essential amino acids‚ chlorophyll‚ omega-3 oils, and other important phytonutrients.
Moringa oleifera is known to contain 15 times the potassium in banana‚ 17 times the calcium in milk‚ 4 times the vitamin A found in carrot‚ 25 times the iron in spinach, 0.5 the vitamin C in oranges and 2 times the protein in milk.
- Potassium and calcium play an important role against the hypertension as sodium retention in the blood is restricted due to the presence of potassium.
- Regular consumption of Moringa can increase the level of potassium and helps to reduce the pressure of the blood flowing to the cells and tissues.
- Moringa contains calcium which is 17 times that of milk. Calcium is needed for blood coagulation. It was noted that increased calcium intake will decline the incidence of hypertension.
- Moringa is the best supplement for the healthy life as it contains 90 + nutrients and 46 antioxidants. All the nutrients when consumed regularly will improve our nutritional status of our body.
- Moringa leaves are recommended in cases of gonorrhea on account of the increasing of urine flow.
- In India‚ leaves are used to treat fevers‚ bronchitis‚ eye and ear infections.
- Moringa leaves is believed to increase a woman's milk production and prescribed for anemia.