According to BGR, the iPhone 3GS will be offered by Airtel and Aircel for now, probably others will follow suit after some time. But what’s cool is that you can change operators as and when you wish and keep the handset with you. It’s quite obvious that many will crib about India being Apple’s favourite dumping ground and that we only get old products etc. But on the brighter side, there are many out there who would wish to own an iPhone but are put off by the exorbitant pricing. This initiative can possibly attract more people to Apple’s products.
Of course, you’ll be missing out on a few features like Facetime, but you can’t have everything, right? We’ll take a quick look at the iPhone 3GS’ specifications now.
- 3.5-inch Capacitive touchscreen with 320 x 480 pixels
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS with A-GPS support
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, headset support only
- 3.15 megapixel camera with autofocus
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 256 MB RAM
- 8/16/32 GB Capacities
- 600 MHz ARM Cortex processor