MNP was launched across the country on Jan 20 which allows users to change their service providers while retaining their numbers. The figures made available by telecom companies to the Department of Telecommunications revealed the gain and loss for different service providers in India.
Here is the major shifts after MNP launch:
- Idea bagged a net gain of 12,300 subscribers. (Net gain is the difference between the number of subscribers who left and those who joined)
- Vodafone Essar got a net addition of 11,252 subscribers
- Aircel settled at third position with 3,389 net additions
- Airtel manged to get only 94 customers
- Reliance Communications lost 9,837 subscribers and 192 decided to join it
- BSNL also lost many of its subscribers.