However, the beta was exactly that, and I found that some of my favorite sites wouldn't display properly. So I decided that until IE9 is final, I'm giving it the heave-ho.
If you want to do likewise (and get IE8 back in the process), do this:
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
- In the lefthand panel, click View installed updates.
- Wait a moment for the list to populate. When it's done, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
- Click Internet Explorer 9, and then click Uninstall.
- Tell Windows yes, you're sure, then wait a few minutes for the uninstall to finish.
- Reboot your system and presto: buh-bye IE9, welcome back IE8!
While we're on the subject, what did you think of the IE9 beta? Good stuff from Microsoft, or just playing catch-up with other browsers?